As we mentioned above, many of the customers who use Postcode Heat Maps work in retail, real estate, or franchising. This is because Postcode Heat Maps allow them to get a more granular view of their sales or service performance than state or counties would allow.
Here are a couple of examples of how Postcode Heat Maps are helpful when analyzing performance, identifying opportunities for expansion, or planning targeted direct mail drops.
Below is an example of a Coffee Shop Supplier and how they use eSpatial Postcode Heat Maps to identify opportunities for new business.
- Carry out a zip code heat map of current customers.
- You can see that there is they currently only focus in on areas close to Liverpool City.
- Clear the regional heat map analysis
- Use eSpatial’s Business Search tool to identify more coffee shops in the surrounding areas.
- Run another regional heat map analysis to identify areas with high density of coffee shops.
- Filter your data to the postcodes with the highest densities.
- Export that list. This is a clear list of postcodes and businesses that you can hand your sales team or marketing team to target.
Now that you have your postcode level information you are ready to be much more targeted and effective in your sales and marketing. But there are a large number of other applications of postcode heat mapping also. Take a look through our recent blogs if you want more ideas about how postcode mapping can be valuable for your business.
Ready To Try A Postcode Heat Map Of Your Data?