The role requires candidates who can collaborate and integrate seamlessly with colleagues and other lines of business. The work involves liaising with product development, senior consultants, customer representatives, partners and 3rd party companies; utilizing teamwork, knowledge databases and working onsite on customer systems, with a core focus on customer satisfaction.
This role involves interaction with our customers and partners, therefore excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills are a must. It is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in developing their career further in a customer focused role. eSpatial will provide the successful candidate with training/induction on our product and will be based onsite with an eSpatial customer in Dublin's City Centre as part of an existing eSpatial team, currentky blended 2 days in office, 3 days working from home.
Salary and conditions will be competitive and appropriate for the role and experience of the candidate.
- Work on-site with eSpatial customers developing custom web applications
- Work directly with the customer on requirements, design, and implementation
- Provide technical application and system analysis (operating system, hardware, database and iSMART web application), focusing on the customer core business processes from a technical perspective
- Maintain existing customer solutions
- Report product issues to development team
- Share knowledge with the team
- Minimum 4 years experience working on Java/Java EE applications
- BSc in Computer Science (or similar)
- 4 years experience in development/consultancy role
- 4 years experience using HTML, XML, CSS or equivalent
- 4 years experience developing webservices
- 4 years experience working on web client side applications
- Application server experience, ideally with Oracle WebLogic and/or Tomcat
- Experience in configuring and deploying Web applications on Linux/Windows
- Good working knowledge of SQL databases (preferably Oracle)
- Ability to communicate clearly with project stakeholders and ability to escalate technical and user issues appropriately
- Work on-site on customer premises. (currently blended 2 days onsite, 3 days from home)
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and GIS application development
- Working experience using iSMART
- Working experience using Oracle Spatial