The role is both challenging and demanding and requires candidates that can collaborate and integrate seamlessly with colleagues and other lines of businesses. The work involves liaising with product development, senior consultants, customer representatives, partners and 3rd party companies; utilizing team work, knowledge databases and working onsite on customer systems, with a core focus on customer satisfaction.
This role involves interaction with our customers and partners, therefore excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills are a must. It is a fantastic opportunity for anyone interested in developing their career further in the areas of development, consultancy, business analysis and architecture in a customer focused role. eSpatial will provide the successful candidate with training/induction on our product and will be based onsite with an eSpatial customer in Dublin's City Centre as part of an existing eSpatial team.
Salary and conditions will be competitive and appropriate for the role and experience of the candidate.
- Work on-site with eSpatial customers developing custom applications.
- Work directly with the customer on requirements, design, and implementation.
- Provide technical application and system analysis (operating system, hardware, database and iSMART web application), focusing on the customer core business processes from a technical perspective.
- Maintain existing customer solutions.
- Report product issues to development team.
- Share knowledge with the team.
- BSc in Computer Science (or similar).
- 3 years experience in development/consultancy role.
- 3 years commercial Java development experience including J2EE.
- 3 years experience using AJAX and JQuery.
- Application server experience, ideally with Oracle WebLogic and/or Tomcat.
- Experience in configuring and deploying J2EE applications on Unix (Linux/Solaris) & Windows.
- Good working knowledge of SQL databases (preferably Oracle).
- Ability to communicate clearly with project stakeholders and ability to escalate technical and user issues appropriately.
- Work on-site on customer premises.
- Some travel may be required.
- Knowledge of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and GIS application development.
- Working experience using iSMART.
- Working experience using Oracle Spatial.
- Spring Web Services (Spring-WS).
- Spring JdbcTemplate.