The principle of mapping software is to connect routes in an optimized way. In this blog post, I’d like to take the opportunity to explain how cloud-based route mapping can enhance business operations and increase efficiencies for sales teams. Based on our experience with eSpatial, we can see a numerous key advantages of route optimization a cloud-based solution.
What are the advantages of cloud-based route mapping?
- Cloud-based mapping software route maps are regularly updated to provide accurate up-to-date directions.
- Maps can be accessed from any device with an internet connection (PCs, Macs, iPads, iPhones and other smartphones). They can be used as dynamic, shareable and collaborative routing maps.
- Route optimization is built into modern mapping solutions like eSpatial and works with existing data. No additional third-party software is required to generate routes.
- Route plans can be changed or updated on the go. Maps will update to generate alternative or new routes.
- Routes can be created across multiple layers of data (such as lists of hotels/airports/etc.) and use in conjunction with accounts when creating routes.
- Optimized routes and itineraries with turn by turn directions can be exported, shared to devices or printed for offline use.
What does this mean for your sales team?
There are many practical implications of the aforementioned features. When plans change en route for sales team members, they can use this type of Route Map to find the nearest available customer. Client records and tips on reaching hard-to-find locations can be updated by multiple users. Information on a route map can also inform field sales team of when a client is available on a proposed day. You can instantly validate mileage reports from your field sales team.
Cloud based route maps ultimately help both field teams and managers communicate with each other using shareable maps and editing options. Client details, reporting closed sales or lost business opportunities, tips on reaching hard-to-find locations, etc. can all be updated by multiple users. This makes cloud-based route mapping an invaluable tool for your business that can dramatically increase the efficiency of your sales operations.