Microsoft MapPoint was one of the most popular mapping tools available to businesses up until its last release in 2013. Microsoft decided to discontinue the product and any support for MapPoint 2013. Since then there have been no updates to the software functionality nor the data MapPoint provides such as boundaries, roadmaps, and third party demographics. Microsoft ceased development, updates, and support of their MapPoint mapping software in 2015. This means that there is no latest version of MapPoint, nor a MapPoint 2014, MapPoint 2015. It also means that there will also not be a MapPoint 2016.
What does this mean for you the MapPoint user?
It means that while your software still functions, you can use it. However, if you have any problems and need support, you won’t get it. If the PC or Laptop that has a MapPoint 2013 installation stops functioning, you will not be able to retrieve the work done. In addition to that, the MapPoint data you are using to enhance or analyze your business data with is losing currency by the day.
What can you do to reduce the impact on your business?
You can start looking for an alternative to MapPoint now before the need for them becomes critical. Choosing a cloud-based software like eSpatial will ensure that you don’t face a situation like this again. Support is on hand to help with any problems, development is ongoing with new feature releases and feature improvements multiple times a year. These updates happen automatically for you so that you don’t have to keep looking for the latest version.
Can you achieve what you achieve in MapPoint 2013 with eSpatial?
Yes, and more. Many of our customers have moved from MapPoint since it’s discontinuation. And here’s why:
- You can import your data and territories seamlessly from MapPoint.
- You can plot multiple datasets for better analysis.
- Analysis types include hot spot heat map, regional heat map, bubble map, radius map, nearest neighbor and aggregated value analysis.
- Advanced styling options allow you to comprehend a map faster
- Extensive third party boundary and demographics data library which is kept up to date.
- Route Optimization and Planning
- Advanced Territory Management with hierarchal views to mirror your organizational structure.
- Salesforce Integration
- New features introduced based on customer feedback such as multiple buffers and drive time analysis coming in 2017
What Our Customers Say
Are you a Salesforce User? Check out eSpatial for Salesforce on the AppExchange!