eSpatial now allows you to use customized graphics as your map pins. Add simple graphics or even company logos.
How to customize map pins in eSpatial
1. Create a graphic that you want to use in eSpatial.
- formats: SVG, PNG or JPG.
- All images should be of equal width and height. Each of these dimensions should fall within the range 100-300 pixels.
- The images are subject to review before being added to your account.
- Ensure that you have permission to use these images.
2. In the Control Panel, click Style & Color under any dataset.
3. Click the Style tab, then the pin style drop-down menu and, finally, “+Add your own icon”
4. An email template will be generated to which you can attach your graphic. Please follow the guidelines contained in the email, before attaching your image. On normal business days, allow 24 hours for your customized map icon to be added to your eSpatial account. Outside of this time, the process may take up to 72 hours.
5. We will send you an email when the graphic is uploaded to your account.
How to access a customized map pin
When you receive email notification that your graphic has been uploaded, simply go back into the Style & Color menu. Click the Style tab and you can use the new customized map pin in exactly the same way you use any other pin.
As the pin style dropdown menu above indicates, you can upload different icons to eSpatial, which you can use to express different datasets. Here’s an example of a map using two customized pins: