In previous blogs posts, we’ve talked about the what exactly territory management is and the benefits it can have for organizations. Today we will show you 12 reasons why territory mapping software is an essential part of territory management.
Our insights into sales territory management have been formed through direct engagement with our users. Our territory mapping software is used daily by sales organizations around the world, ranging from global multi-billion dollar organizations, to small and medium enterprises. It has been designed with feedback from these users to make sure it meets the requirements of sales teams from any industry.
Territory mapping software enables collaboration and sharing between sales managers and sales personnel, greater sales efficiency, and increased profits. It also gives a visual perspective to sales territory on an interactive map, allowing the discovery of hidden insights and patterns not possible in spreadsheets.
These insights have helped us to define what we believe to be the 12 reasons why territory mapping software is essential for effective territory management:
- Increase profits and achieve greater efficiency through quicker on boarding and clear delineation. An important benefit from sales territory mapping is increased sales and reduced costs. Territory management with mapping will improve market coverage allowing sales teams to be more efficient and gaining a stronger competitive advantage.
- Quickly divide up a large target area into more manageable regions. Seeing a territory in a map allows you to see not only the bigger picture but also more granular detail. For example, it’s possible to zoom in to see greater detail based on different market characteristics such as customer types, or assigned sales professionals.
- Allocate and realign territories to sales teams more effectively. Aligned territories will result in balanced workloads for sales personnel, providing them with greater earning potential, improved morale and career satisfaction. This leads to higher motivation, lower staff turnover and most importantly, more sales.
- Improve collaboration across the sales team. For sales teams located remotely, seamless collaboration is very important. Cloud based mapping solutions can allow these teams to collaborate on the definition of their territories from any location, the office or the field in real-time.
- Cultivate better sales leads. With Territory Mapping, each sales representative can clearly see the territory they are responsible for, allowing them to focus on the leads and prospects in the market they are responsible for.
- Build your territories from predefined locations. A huge advantage of Territory Mapping Software is the ability to build territories from zip codes, counties, states, provinces, and countries.
- Create territories straight from a spreadsheet. Data Visualization with mapping enables you to quickly optimize and visualize business data from your CRM and spreadsheets. An interactive map allows the discovery of hidden insights and patterns not possible in spreadsheets.
- Overlay other geographic regions or points for reference. overlaying third party data such as demographic and census data can be used to identify insights in your market.
- Balance your territories on multiple data sources. Balanced territories are proven to be effective and efficient, allowing you to get the most from your sales team by allocating sales opportunities more equitably.
- Create Hierarchies to match your company’s reporting structure. Using territorial hierarchies enables more flexibility over data visibility, collaboration and delegation between managers and teams. Each member of your sales department, from sales rep to regional manager can quickly see and manage the territory they have responsibility for.
- Produce vibrant maps for presentations and reporting. Territory maps can be shared easily publicly or privately online, used in presentations, and printed in high quality hardcopies.
- Optimize your sales calls with routing. Territory mapping also provides route optimization capabilities. Field Sales teams can reduce travel costs, improve fuel efficiency and increase the number of customers that they serve within their territory.